Take a Chill Pill Inc.
Last Updated: March 9, 2023
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
Personal Information You Provide: We collect the following categories of personal information from you:
- Account Information: We collect basic account information when you create an account to use the Service, which may include your email address, phone number, date of birth, gender and other information you provide during the sign-up process.
- Payment and transaction Information:We may collect information through our payment processors as needed to complete your transactions with us, including your name, payment card information, and billing information.
- Communication Information: We may collect information when you contact us with questions or concerns and when you voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or requests for market research seeking your opinion and feedback. Providing communication information is optional to you.
- Demographic Information: We may collect your age, gender identity, and other similar information if you choose to provide us this information.
- Social Media Information: We maintain a social media presence on platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Medium, Twitter, TikTok, Snap, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with us on social media, we may receive personal information that you provide or make available to us based on your settings, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Internet Activity Information: When you visit, use, and interact with the Service, the following information may be created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Device Information: The manufacturer and model, operating system, IP address, and unique identifiers of the device, as well as the browser you use to access the Service. The information we collect may vary based on your device type and settings.
- Usage Information: Information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities. For example, we may use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to help collect and analyze Usage Information. For more information on how Google uses this information, click here.
- Location Information: We may derive a rough estimate of your location from your IP address when you use the Service.
The following technologies may be used to collect Internet Activity Information:
- Cookies, which are text files stored on your device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in the browser to help you navigate between pages efficiently, remember your preferences, enable functionality, help us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitate online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
Mobile Analytics: We may also collect information from your mobile device, including, but not limited to, when the mobile application is opened, the mobile carrier, the device identifier, the type of device that is being used, and performance and usage activity regarding your use of the mobile application.We may use third party mobile analytics software to facilitate the collection of this information.
2. HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
Your personal information is used for the following purposes:
Service Delivery, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain, secure and improve the Service;
- Create, maintain, and authenticate your account;
- Process transactions through our third party payment processors;
Communicating with You:
- to send you updates about administrative matters such as changes to our terms or policies,
- provide user support, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Service Improvement, including to:
- improve the Service and create new features;
- personalize your experience; and
- create and derive insights from de-identified and aggregated information.
For research and development. We may create and use de-identified information for our business purposes, including to analyze the effectiveness of our services, to improve and add features to our services, and to analyze the general behavior and characteristics of users of our services. We may use this anonymous, aggregated, or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes. We may use third party service providers, such as Mixpanel and Segment to assist with this.
Marketing and Advertising: We and our advertising partners may use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes, including:
- Direct Marketing: To send you direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including, but not limited to, notifying you of special promotions, offers and events via email, text message, and other means.
Compliance and Protection, including to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Audit our compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies; and
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARING
Our Sharing: We do not sell, rent, license, or lease your personal information to third parties. However, in certain circumstances we may share the categories of personal information described above without further notice to you, unless required by the law, with the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share personal information with service providers, including hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store personal information in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, dissolution, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your personal information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of or following that Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: We do not volunteer your personal information to government authorities or regulators, but we may disclose your personal information where required to do so for the Compliance and Protection purposes described above.
Your Sharing: Through the Service, you may be able to make your personal information available to others, including:
- Other users and the public, when you create a public profile, post content, and engage in public transactions through the Service;
- Other businesses, when you participate in offers, promotions and other features available via the Service or marketed to you; and
- Social media platforms, when you choose to share content on social media.
4. PERSONAL INFORMATION RETENTION
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 13. Chill Pill does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 provided personal information to Chill Pill please contact us and we will delete that information. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information of a child under 13 or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. You use the Service at your own risk.
8. YOUR CHOICES
Update or Correct Personal Information: You can contact and request us (or we will provide equivalent functionality within the Services for you) (i) to make any updates or corrections needed to keep your personal information accurate, current, and complete or (ii) to delete your account and your associated personal information.
Opt Out of Marketing Communications: You may opt out of marketing-related communications by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions contained in any marketing communication we send you. You can also control the communications you receive through your settings page. Please note, however, that you may continue to receive communications as described in the Communicating with You subsection after opting out of marketing communications.
10. CONTACT US